If you have a functional impairment

Last updated: 23 3 2018

If you have an impaired functional ability that affects you physically or mentally, this is known as having a functional impairment. You may need to use an aid or have support in order to manage your everyday life or work.

Working when you have a functional impairment

It's important that you tell Arbetsförmedlingen straight away if you have a functional impairment. Arbetsförmedlingen can then help you have your workplace adapted to your needs, for example. You can also get support from an adviser to the deaf, an eyesight specialist or a sign language interpreter if you have impaired hearing or eyesight.

Support and allowances

You may be entitled to several different types of support depending on what type of functional impairment you have.