If you have a functional impairment, are ill or injured
Last updated: 23 3 2018
If you have an impaired functional ability that affects you physically or mentally, this is known as having a functional impairment. You may need to use an aid or have support in order to manage your everyday life or work.
Here are examples of different situations that may affect your ability to work or study:
- If you have problems with your vision, for example difficulty recognizing people from a distance or reading small print.
- If you have problems with your hearing, for example difficulty hearing conversations or hear disturbing noises and sounds in your ears.
- If you feel uncomfortable, for example experience stress, depression or sleeping problems, or have difficulty concentrating, remembering or learning.
- If you have pain in your body that makes it difficult for you to sit, stand, walk or use your arms and hands.
- If you have difficulties in the family, for example addiction, sick relatives or experience domestic violence.
Support to be able to participate in Arbetsförmedlingen's activities
Om du söker arbete är det viktigt att du kan vara med i de aktiviteter som ska leda till att du får ett arbete. Därför är det bra om du berättar så snart som möjligt för Arbetsförmedlingen om du har en funktionsnedsättning.
People with a reduced work capacity can be given help to adapt their workplace, work tasks or work environment. Adapting means changing something in the workplace or work tasks so that you have the same conditions as everyone else for participating in activities or working.
Together with you, Arbetsförmedlingen can look into what support or adaptation you need. At Arbetsförmedlingen there are people with specialist knowledge about different functional impairments and the various forms of support available. Together with you they will plan how you'll be able to participate in activities in a way adapted to your abilities.
If you have a functional impairment you may be eligible for financial support from Försäkringskassan. For example, you may be eligible if you:
- need personal assistance in order to manage your everyday life
- are unable to work
- need technical aids in order to be able to work
- want to extend your schooling
- need an adapted car